These qualifications provide individuals with the knowledge and skills to work as a sign installer or sign writer within a range of environments.
- Are achieved in the workplace and usually based on National Occupational Standards
- Enable individuals to demonstrate their skills in a wide range of signmaking activities
- SVQs are competence qualifications regulated and achieved in Scotland
- Provide the underpinning knowledge to support entry into the workplace
- May be taken as part of an Apprenticeship Framework
These qualifications are supported by the British Sign and Graphics Association (BSGA).
No previous qualifications are required, however, at Level 3 it is expected that learners will have a fundamental level of experience and induction of the sector.