This qualification is aimed at those who work in the replacement automotive glazing industry. It covers the most important aspects of the job of those who replace glazing components in motor vehicles.
This qualification is at Level 3, although there may be individual units at different levels, and should be taken by those who are experienced automotive glaziers, capable of dealing with a wide range of issues, including the identification and rectification of technical problems and working with vehicles that have non routine fitment types. Candidates may be required to show the skills and knowledge to assess products or work procedures and identify possible improvements.
They will also work closely with customers and have well-developed knowledge of the automotive glazing industry and the products used. Candidates for this qualification will primarily be:
• Working in a Fitting Centre or on site
• Working with standard production vehicles and those with non routine fitments
• Removing, replacing and repairing other standard automotive glazing components
• Able to use initiative to identify and suggest improvements to work procedures Candidates could have jobs entitled:
• Automotive Glazing Technician
• Windscreen Fitter
• Automotive Glazier
Qualifications across the UK have different levels. Click here for an explanation